- Resolves an issue where duplicating a comment and saving to template overwrites the original comment that was duplicated.
- Resolves an issue where photos in the summary view take a long time to load or may not load at all. Summary photos will now display instantly.
We just released the placeholder tag for County!
Use it just like the other placeholders
- If there is no county data associated with the address for a given inspection the placeholder will just render a blank space.
New "Internal Only" option
We recently released a small update to the Additional Documents functionality on inspections. You can now add documents to an inspection without having them exposed to your clients and/or agents that access the client portal.
When you open the window to add a new additional document you will now see a checkbox option to mark the file as "Internal Only".
- If you have that box checked when you click on the "ADD DOCUMENT" button the file will be added to the inspection but will not be visible to anyone accessing the inspection on the client portal.
- Files added without the checkbox selection will still be visible there.
- Once added there is a small notation beside the file name as well to indicate if the file is set to "Internal Only".
🗓️ Introducing the New Spectora Calendar (beta):
- Faster navigation
- Easy appointment search
- Mobile-friendly design.
For the full details, take a look at this article!
Try the beta now and switch between old and new versions seamlessly.
GoPro gallery issue resolved: No more repeated loading of the first photo.
Android camera stability improved to prevent crashes.
Defect comments now display custom template titles instead of generic ones.
Streamlined photo addition: Attach from the new comment screen to save clicks and scrolling.
- We have fixed the issues with the map integrations in the Spectora Legacy app, allowing inspectors to send addresses into their preferred map application again. 🌎
We just released a change for improved convenience when using Auto Tagging
Previously contact tags that had auto tagging rules for application or removal of the tag for a given contact were only checking those rules and applying/removing once ever night.
That nightly process will still continue to run to automate your contact tagging but we have now also made it so that when you save a new tag (or edit/save an existing tag) with an auto tag rule the system will apply/remove the tags to contacts immediately.
This should make it much faster and easier to check your rules to make sure they are doing what you intended or just manually apply a lot at one time!
We've just added a new rule type for Actions - Report Published
You will now see a new Rule type option for Report Published when editing or creating actions. The driving use case here is sending reminders to your inspectors at a given time frame after the inspection to finish up the report if the reports aren't published yet. That said, this rule can be used in combination with any other actions to further customize your communications!
Here is how it works
When creating or editing an Action after setting the event trigger
Click Next to get to the Add Rules section and select
- "Does Not Have" (or "Has" depending on your scenario)
- "Report Published" for the type
- All (if you want the rule based on having All the reports in an inspection published) or Any (if you want the rule based on having Any of the reports in an inspection published)
From there choose your Action type (email/text) add any details as you normally do for Actions.
The Action will trigger based on the event you set and will only fire (send the email/text) if the rule is met.
We recently added a new option to give you more control over when reports unlock based on ACH payment status
If you are using ACH as an option for payments you will see a new option in Payments Settings
This setting is disabled by default.
Please note:If you enable the setting your inspections that are paid via ACH will remain locked until the payment has settled to your account. This is in contrast the current functionality (setting disabled) where the report(s) are unlocked as soon as the ACH payment is successfully initiated.
In the case that you had the setting enabled when a client made an ACH payment but you want to unlock the report for them without waiting until the payment has cleared your account you will need to manually mark the inspection as paid. Changing the setting itself will not undo the locking for an inspection payment already in progress.
- Info only comments will no longer allow for defects to be added as they will not show in the report.
- Newly added comments save more quickly.
- Deleted comments will not show in the global search.
- Syncing has been improved for completion ratings between devices and the web.
- Flagged comments now show in the summary screen.
- The file upload process has been improved to reduce the need for recovering media.
- 360 photos will no longer be compressed in a way that compromises the image.
- One photo album will now be created for each inspection, even if it is done across multiple days.
This is currently only available to Apple devices but will come out for Android later this week!